Greenbrier Fire Department - "Trained to Protect, Proud to Serve"
Greenbrier Fire Department (GFD) is a combination fire department with a staff of dedicated and trained firefighters who serve the residents, businesses, and visitors of the City of Greenbrier and a portion of southern Roberson County. The department has 1 full-time firefighter (Monday-Friday), 16 part-time firefighters, and 6 volunteer firefighters.
GFD responds to a multitude of incidents including:
- Hazardous materials incidents
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Structural fires
- Vehicle fires
- Wild land fires
- Other emergency medical and rescue calls for service
Facility & Equipment
Greenbrier Fire Department operates out of one fire station located at 790 W College Street in Greenbrier. The department is equipped to respond with:
- Engine 1- carrying 750 gallons of water, 1,500 gallons per minute pump
- Engine 2- carrying 1,000 gallons of water, also a tanker pumper with 1,250 gallons per minute pump
- Rescue 1- carrying 1,000 gallons of water, 1,250 gallons per minute pump, battery powered rescue tools, and emergency medical equipment
- Squad 1- pneumatic rescue tools, rope rescue, swift water rescue, and emergency medical equipment
- Brush 1- Brush truck for wildland and brush/grass fires
- Car 1- Support SUV
Access annual report documents in the Fire Department Annual Reports Archive.
Important Things to Remember
- Please remember to change your smoke detector batteries twice per year
- Always have a plan of escape from your residence in case of fire
A burn permit is required from October 15 through May 15. Contact the TN Forestry Division by calling 800-350-2876 or by visiting the Burn Safe TN website.