The office of the City Recorder/Treasurer is responsible for managing and reporting all financial transactions of the city, budget preparations for the Board of Mayor and Aldermen, serves as the Tax Collector, oversees the yearly audit conducted by a third-party auditing firm, and oversees all human resource functions.
The Finance Office provides a variety of services including:
- Accounting and financial reporting
- Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Purchasing
- Collection of city property taxes
- Issuance of business licenses
- Payroll administration
- Property Tax Relief and Tax Freeze
- Providing water and sewer billing and collection services
- Receipt of fees relating to permits
- Reservations for park pavilions
- Sale/auction of surplus property
Click here to pay property taxes online.
Tax Relief / Tax Freeze
To apply for Tax Relief visit City Hall. To apply for Tax Freeze visit the County Trustee's Office.
Tax Relief Links
- TN Comptroller: Property Tax Relief Program Brochure (PDF)
- TN Comptroller: Tax Relief and Tax Freeze Information
Purchasing / Bids / Solicitations